Since I'm still playtesting my game, I like to have players roll up characters at con games. I've been working at getting the time it takes for a player unfamiliar with the rules to make a character down to 30 minutes. The latest innovation is my Convention Equipment Rule, which eliminates buying equipment. I created this quick reference to character generation for at the table -- the Convention Packet.
Here is the final format of my Heroic Age of Tékumel convention packet. It contains everything you need to create 1st level characters, but rules for anything in higher levels have been eliminated. It contains a two-page summary of Tékumel, character generation charts, a two-page player rules summary, and a character sheet. I have a separate file of spell cards that have the spell descriptions, range, area, and duration on them. I did not use the color cover I created for HAoT, since I wanted to print these very cheaply. If you play one of my games at a con, you will receive one of these to guide you in making a character.
(Since I run my games in The Time of No Kings, the Current Affairs section of the Tékumel Summary reflects that. I will be posting a version of this that has my original 2375 A.S. summary -- 6 years after Mirusíya's ascension.)
DownloadsHeroic Age of Tékumel Convention Packet
Heroic Age of Tékumel Spell Cards
Differences from previous versions
- No equipment list because of the Convention Equipment Rule.
- A clan-centric background table was added.
- Metal's effect on spellcasting added.
- Clarification of what weapons can be used by magic users and specialists.
- Deity restrictions on spells added.
- Integration of combat rules from Wizard Duel added. This gives characters two actions per turn and expands the actions available: Aim, Disbelieve, Pickup Weapon, and Adjust Spell were added.
After that, the generic non-Tékumel version of Heroic Age will begin. It is intended to be a swords and sorcery RPG with a simple worldbuilding mechanism. I hope to sell this.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.