Sunday, January 20, 2013

RPG Bucket List

Okay, so my desire to play WEG Star Wars brought a response from +Gary Fortuin about that being on his bucket list. Which I'll take as expanding the concept of "the game that got away" to "what I want to play before I die".

Here's my RPG bucket list (in no particular order):
  • Star Wars from West End Games (play or run)
  • Middle Earth (MERP) from Iron Crown (play with the right GM)
  • A Tekumel game using my own rules that have been published (play and run)
  • A fantasy game in my own setting (run)
  • Sorcerer's Crusade by White Wolf (either)
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer RPG (either)
  • C.J. Carella's Witchcraft and Conspiracy X (since they're both now in Unisystem -- play and run)
  • Planescape by TSR (play)
  • Spelljammer by TSR (play)
  • Space: 1889 by GDW (perhaps with rules converted from some other game -- play then run)
  • GURPS Infinite Worlds from Steve Jackson (I love GURPS, at least the way I play it -- play or run)
  • Castle Falkenstein from R. Talsorian (play)
  • Usagi Yojimbo by Sanguine (I adore this setting. Who doesn't want to play a ronin samurai rabbit? -- run)
  • Land of the Rising Sun by FGU (This game shows what you can do when you combine the talents of Lee Gold with the Chivalry & Sorcery rules. Best Samurai rules ever. -- run)
  •  Feng Shui by Daedalus/Atlas (either)
  • Ars Magica by Atlas (both)
  • Pendragon by Chaosium (both)
  • Over the Edge by Atlas Games (both).