Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Retro D&D

We started a new campaign in my Tuesday Night Gaming Group. We're using Swords and Wizardry, the OD&D reboot. Yesterday was character rolling and the initial setup. I had a blast.

But there's a problem. I'm the only warrior amongst a dwarven fighter-thief (emphasis on thief), a cleric, and an elvish multi-classed magic-user. Not only that, but I have the lowest hit points in the party. I do have a bow to fight things over there instead of right here, but still -- we're all going to die. The cleric also has a dog, who has one less hit point than the whole party combined. That dog is going to save our collective ass, I predict.

My character had the treasure map, so now we have a goal.

So, meet Tarmac the Glib, 1st level fighter:

Str 13
Dex 15
Con 8
Int 12
Wis 7
Chr 17

Hit points: 2 (bad rolling and -1 for Con)

Bastard Sword
Short bow and 40 arrows
Ring Mail
Shield
Treasure map

P.S. Coming up with the name was fun. It's been awhile since I've played low-level fantasy with punishing names.

2 comments:

  1. "we're all going to die"

    Yep. Maybe the dog will make it out to tell other dogs of your horrid deaths.

    ReplyDelete