Monday, January 5, 2015

Holiday Gifts

I rarely get much in the way of holiday gifts and this year was no exception. So, I usually buy myself a few gaming things as a treat. This year I went a little crazy. Here is the final tally:

MARS: Savage World Edition PDF Bundle including main rulebook, seven adventures, one sandbox, and military rules.

Sunken City Omnibus for DCC. Four adventures in paper.

Mead & Mayhem tavern sourcebook PDF.

Dungeon World, Truncheon World, Funnel World, and Adventures on Dungeon Planet all in PDF. 

Obscene Serpent Religion in paper.

The Metamorphica in paper.

Tomb of the Sea Kings in paper.

Seven Voyages of Zylarthen in four volumes in paper.

Ruins of the Undercity, WIZARDS MUTANTS LASER PISTOLS! compendium, Bad Myrmidon all in paper.

Warriors of the Red Planet in paper.

Fantastic Heroes & Witchery in hardcover.

Narcosa in hardcover.

Tower of the Stargazer, Death Frost Doom, A Red & Pleasant Land all in paper.

Subscriptions to Crawl! and Crawljammer DCC fanzines, plus back issues of both.

This listing doesn't count Slumbering Ursine Dunes, which I bought from the Kickstarter campaign, and No Salvation for Witches, which was from an Indiegogo campaign.

So, yeah. I kinda went overboard. But I feel well gifted. So of the best haven't even arrived yet, so I get more package-opening happiness.



So far, my favorite is Warriors of the Red Planet. This is a great reskin of D&D for Barsoom or any sword and planet setting. The classes are Fighting Man, Mentalist, Scoundrel, and Scientist. It gives some nice random tables for ruins and encounters divided by terrain, and otherwise is an excellent game. And though it's listed as a Beta, I have found very little to warrant that label. It's totally playable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment