Does the laser pistol work?
Ancient Technological Device Malfunction Table
- The device works perfectly. The ancients really know how to build shit.
- The device gives the user a shock that stuns them for one turn. The device otherwise functions perfectly.
- The device works at half power. It does half damage, or the effect lasts half as long, or whatever the GM decides. The device also makes an annoying noise.
- The device does the opposite of the original effect.
- The device simply doesn't work. Nothing happens when you pull the trigger, push the button, or pull the switch.
- The device lights up and makes a loud noise, but nothing else happens.
- The device gives the user a shock that stuns them for one turn. The device is otherwise non-functional.
- The device explodes, giving the user 3d6 damage, and everyone within 5 feet 1d6 damage.